So you bought your new Bluetooth headphones, but connecting them to your PC might be troubling you. Connecting Bluetooth headphones to your mobile phone might be an easy task. But when it comes to PCs, you may face a number of glitches. So how to connect Bluetooth headphones to PC? If this is the question arising in your mind, don’t worry, we know it can be really frustrating.
However, it can be more nerve-wracking if you are a non-technical person. Thus, if you want to enjoy songs while working on your PC, or watch movies, whatever you want to do after connecting your headphones, don’t let any issue stick with you! We are here to give you solutions for every problem you are facing in quick, easy steps.
Table of Contents
How to connect Bluetooth headphones to PC?
So, to answer the question, how to connect Bluetooth headphones to PC, we will divide it into four steps:
1. You need a Bluetooth module on your PC or laptop.
The very first step is to see whether your PC has a Bluetooth module. Some of the computer systems specifically don’t come with this hardware. You can look at the manual of your PC to check if the Bluetooth module is there in your system or not.
In case your PC or laptop does not have a Bluetooth module, you can purchase an external Bluetooth adapter which may solve the issue.
2. Put your headphones you want to connect to your PC in pairing mode.
Further, you need to put your headphones in a pairing mode in case you want to connect them to your computer system. The steps for this process may vary for different devices such as headphones, smartphones, speakers, etc.
What are the steps to enter the pairing mode?
- For example, if you have pulse escape wireless Bluetooth headphones, press and hold the power button for 7 seconds.
- You mostly need to do the same for any other headphones and hold the particular power button for minimum 7 seconds to enter the pairing mode.
3. Enable Bluetooth on your PC.
The further step is to enable Bluetooth on your PC. There is a different procedure for different Windows and Mac devices. Let’s start with Windows 10 and 8.
Windows 10 and 8:
- Go to the settings option by clicking on the Start button.
- Then go to Devices.
- The next step is to go to the Bluetooth and other devices option and see if the Bluetooth is on or off. If it is off, be quick to set it on.
- Click on More Bluetooth options / Advanced Bluetooth settings in the related settings.
- You will see a Bluetooth settings window on your screen. Click on options, and then in the discovery section, you will find an option named Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC.
- Check the option, and then click on the Apply button you see.
- Go to the Bluetooth option in the control panel.
- Go to the Change Bluetooth settings option.
- Ensure that Bluetooth devices are allowed to find your PC.
- Click on apply after checking the allow option.
Mac operating system
- To begin with, choose the Apple menu on your Mac, go to system preferences, then select Bluetooth and click on it. Your Bluetooth is now on and ready to pair a device.
- You can also check if the Bluetooth option is available on the top menu bar and click if available.
- Thus, Bluetooth is enabled after these steps.
4. Pair and set up your headphones.
The next step is to pair and set up your headphones.
For Windows 10 and 8
We will consider the Bluetooth headphones name here as Pulse Escape. Thus, to pair this device in windows 10 and 8 follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to settings through the start button.
- Choose option devices.
- Go to the Bluetooth option and make sure that the button is on. After this, click on the Add device option.
- Now you will see the Pulse Escape device, which you need to click and pair.
For Windows 7
- Click on the Start menu.
- Move to the Control Panel option.
- In the hardware and sound option, click on the device and printers option.
- Click on Add a device.
- After clicking, you will find a window in which all the available devices are there.
- Further, click on Pulse escape and connect.
Mac operating system
- After pairing your headphones with your PC, all the devices will be shown in the Bluetooth list.
- Click on the name of your headphones, pair and connect it. Enjoy!
What are the issues while connecting headphones and solutions?
Although it is not a troublesome task connecting the headphones to your PC, you can still face several issues. These problems might be really frustrating and can fail you in connecting your headphones to your PC.
Sometimes, you may face many glitches as PCs have multiple software & hardware to operate. Thus, here are simple & easy steps to help you resolve these issues.
Your PC should support Bluetooth.
The foremost thing to remember is your PC must support Bluetooth. All modern laptops and systems surely have Bluetooth features. To determine that your PC has Bluetooth built-in feature, follow these steps:
- On the right lower corner of screen, there is a Bluetooth icon on the taskbar. In case it is not visible, click on the arrow, and you will see the Bluetooth icon.
- Moreover, it’s possible that you might not see the icon; go to the device manager.
- As detailed above, in Windows 10 and 8, the Bluetooth icon is easily seen in the device manager. Further, in Windows 7, the icon is in the devices and printers option in the device manager. If you see the Bluetooth option, your system is Bluetooth capable.
Restart the Bluetooth mode
Here’s another way to solve any flaws, Restart the Bluetooth mode. Sometimes turning off the Bluetooth and restarting it may help you. How can you do this? Below are the steps you must follow:
- Go to the Bluetooth option from the settings menu.
- Please turn it off, wait for some seconds and then enable it again.
Reconnect your Bluetooth device
In case your headphones are successfully paired and ready to use, but still you are not able to play songs, follow these steps:
- In the first step, forget your Bluetooth device from the Bluetooth option.
- Now, you need to reconnect the device.
- Make sure the airplane mode is off.
- Now reconnect the device again.
In most cases, the issue is solved. But if still, problems occur, you are advised to follow the next solution.
Update the Bluetooth Device Driver
A Bluetooth driver is a device-specific program that helps communicate your operating system with the Bluetooth device.
Thus you need to keep your device’s driver updated. Follow these steps to update the driver.
- Go to the device manager.
- Choose the Bluetooth option.
- Choose the Bluetooth device connected.
- You need to hold the device name; you will see an option, update driver.
- Click on Search automatically.
- Update driver with the steps shown on the screen.
- Restart your computer system.
Here is the final solution for non-technicians. After following this method, if you cannot fix the issues, you need to go to a technician to resolve the issue.
Below are mentioned steps on how to solve the troubleshoot problem, if any.
- Go to the search box from the Start menu.
- Enter ‘troubleshooting’.
- You will find a window after clicking on the troubleshooting option.
- Go to the find and fix other problems.
- Select the option, Hardware and Devices.
- You will see an option, ‘Run the troubleshooter‘, click on it.
- Perform all the commands you see on the screen, and once you complete this task, the troubleshooting problem is solved.
How to connect Bluetooth headphones to PC if your PC does not support Bluetooth?
You may also be finding a solution to this question, How to connect Bluetooth headphones to PC if your PC does not support Bluetooth? We are here with the answer. So, after ensuring that your PC doesn’t have a built-in Bluetooth feature, you need to attach an external device. Therefore, to enjoy music and watch movies using Bluetooth headphones, you can install these two external hardware devices, i.e., a Bluetooth adapter or a Bluetooth card.
Using a Bluetooth adapter
If you do not find a Bluetooth option on your PC anywhere after searching for it for a long time, you should definitely use a Bluetooth adapter. Moreover, It is the best known external hardware device used to enable Bluetooth on your system. A Bluetooth adapter is particularly plugs into the USB port of a PC, and works by transmitting a Bluetooth signal. So it is a good option for you if nothing works.
Use a Bluetooth Card
A Bluetooth card is another external device that is used to connect a device via Bluetooth. This add-on controller card is inserted into a PCI slot, unlike a Bluetooth adapter that is plugged into a USB port. Although it takes up a free space in the PCI slot, it frees up the USB slot for other external devices to connect.
Concluding the article, to ensure a glitch-free Bluetooth connection, you must follow the above steps. If still there is some issue and you cannot solve it following the above steps, visit a technician. If your headphones are successfully connected, make sure not to use them for longer periods, as they may cause hearing damage.