USPS is short for United States Postal Service, an important and huge group of people who contribute towards the development of the country. It is spread across the entire country and hence has a very much integrated communication system.
To make this communication system effective, every employee associated with the Postal Services of the United States are given an employee id and a password using which they access the Liteblue USPS Official website, liteblue.usps.gov.
To know and understand more about LiteBlue USPS read this article till the end.
About LiteBlue USPS
The retail network of LiteBlue USPS is the largest in the country, yes, larger than even Walmart and McDonald’s.
Before the web-based services of this organization was launched, the postal services management was no less than a flea market. Throughout the entire network all the services of managing resources, funding, postal records and every matter of importance was dealt through manual operations.
LiteBlue USPS Organization
Now, as the technology progressed, the LiteBlue USPS organization developed as well and they ended up creating liteblue.usps.gov. This website manages most of the services of this organization. All the employees of the organization have the rightful access to the portal. There is a vast categorization of all the services offered by the organization through which the flow of information takes place.
Some of the services handled by this system are salaried details, work assignments, superior control and management tools of teams.
Clearly, managing the largest postal network in the world is not the easiest job in the world but with the services and the PostalEASE portal of LiteBlue USPS, communication, data flow, and inter-network connection work flawlessly.
There are many other features of this network that we will see in the subsequent sections of this article.
Some Facts about USPS
The LiteBlue USPS postal services delivers the highest number of mails in the country. In one fiscal year, the company operates more than 156 addresses. The services of USPS are provided to all the citizens and residents without any partiality.
There are many facts associated with USPS that has made it the organization it is today and those facts have contributed significantly to the growth of this organization. You might enjoy reading the following facts:
- LiteBlue USPS earns a revenue of $1.4 trillion, according to the data of FY 2016.
- There are many standards of the mailing system, the first class mail ($27.3 million) and the standard mail ($18 million) are the most popular ones from the lot.
- The total number of employees in the organization are 7.5 million and counting. Out of these about 500,000 are career workers and about 150,000 are the people who are non-career employees.
- Special attention is given to the elderly and disabled people in the organization. Their special service includes emergency posting. Special extensive action is taken to make the delivery faster for them, even if the post is standard or first class.
- There is only one organization in the United States of America that builds its revenue on its own and collects no tax returns for the funding of those services. It also generates its own stamps and the charges for transport and courier.
- You only need 49 cents and some additional stamp cost to be able to send your letters to anyone in the US, doesn’t matter which city you are sending to and from.
- The Priority Mail Express Services are making this conduct more refined by delivering any parcel to any location in the US within 24 hours.
- Under the Flat rate Priority order, you are given free recyclable boxes.
- The language on the web portal also includes simple Chinese and Spanish, other than, of course, English.
- On the LiteBlue USPS tracking website, the number of visitors is more than 336 million.
- Majority of the users have now shifted to the LiteBlue App which is available for both iOS and Android. This shift has made it easy for them to access the service faster than before and the tracking of the mail has also become easier than ever.
The facts about USPS LiteBlue are so many that we can keep going on, but we are stopping right here, I hope these facts were able to give you valuable insights about the importance of web services in the development and management of mailing services.
Features of LiteBlue USPS
It has been quite some time since the web service and the portal were released. Currently, all the employees associated with USPS has access to the portal. Now, there are a few features that the users of this portal can avail. And i bet you didn’t know about them.
Check out some of them down below and don’t forget to tell me about some additional features that I have not included in this list in the comments section.
Some of the LiteBlue USPS features that you should know about are –
- LiteBlue service is basically a web portal which is used by the employees of the US postal services to manage their work. However, using this service not only can they manage their work easily, but they can also manage recognition, products , and revenue related tasks very easily.
- It also manages the personal directories of the employees working in the organization.
- In order to meet the needs of customers on time, they also share the details regarding a specific project the services like “PostalOne!”, some specific business functionalities are also available.
- There is the facility of automatic schedule processing for shipment and mail drops.
- The directory of the portal manages an extended record system for future use.
- All the employees are given a secure log in system to their accounts and they can freely use the functions that come with it.
- According to the hierarchy levels, there is an easy flow of data and request.
- Other portals are also in sync with this portal, some of those portals are official USPS website, Business Customer Gateway, PostalEASE, USPS Track, LiteBlue USPS EPayroll.
Register for LiteBlue USPS Account
The process of registering for LiteBlue USPS is fairly easy, just follow the steps mentioned below and you should be able to register quickly!
However, please note that no online registration forms are available for new employees. The HR team at LiteBlue USPS will provide the new employee with the username and a temporary password. These details are the gateway to register on the online portal of LiteBlue USPS. the password is temporary, you can change the LiteBlue USPS password as soon as you have access to your account on the portal.
Without further ado go through the following steps and register yourself on their online portal.
- Visit the official website of LiteBlue USPS, click on the following link: liteblue.usps.gov
- To be able to access your account, you need to enter your username and your password in the login/signup section of the website.
- As soon as you successfully register on the website, change your password and you would be good to go.
Steps to login LiteBlue USPS
So, now that you have successfully registered yourself, the time comes when you should know how to login to the account. Follow the steps given below to know how to login to your LiteBlue USPS online portal.
- Enter into your web browser or simply click on the following link: www.liteblue.usps.gov
- Into the employee id box, enter your username and then the LiteBlue USPS password in the box given there.
- There is a log in the button right next to the box where you entered your password, click on that button and you would be able to access your account.
Q1. What is LiteBlue website?
A1. Enter into your web browser or simply click on the following link: www.liteblue.usps.gov
Q2. How do I get my W-2 from the post office?
A2. To get your W-2 forms from the post office, simply click on the link given above and enter your USPS employee Id and password and then click on the “W-2 reprint” option on that website. The form will be mailed to you, on request.
Q3. What is non scheduled Cross foot?
A3. Those are the number of hours you were supposed to work but didn’t work.
Q4. What is USPS job bidding?
A4. The bidding process on the USPS website is completely automated, so if you want to access and submit a bid on a posted assignment, you need to have your employee ID and pin. Make sure your application is through before the last date.
Q5. What is PostalEASE?
A5. PostalEASE is a telephonic service started by USPS to allow its employees to make all the work-related calls. It is also a part of the LiteBlue portal and you can gain access to all the allotments via it. You can not only enroll, but you can also amend your existing allotments using this service. This portal also allows you to make online payments.
Additionally, you can edit, view or simply reject your enrollment directly using PostalEASE.
Q6. How do I contact FEHB?
A6. For contacting Federal Employee Health Benefits Program, by clicking on this link: https://www.opm.gov/about-us/contact-us/
When you click on this website, you will find the contact information sorted according to the person you want to get in touch with. From general contact information to the contact information of the director of the office is available on this website.
Q7. Can I view my W-2 online?
A7. Yes, you can view your W-2 form online by clicking on the following link: www.liteblue.usps.gov, to go any further in your search, you would need to enter your employee Id and password.
Q8. Will the IRS rejected my return if I forgot a w2?
A8. If you forget to file your W-2 form on time, then you will still receive the return, however, there is a catch. If the error in your tax filing will cause you to owe extra tax then you need to file an amendment and then again pay the tax you owe by April 15.
Q9. Who is eligible for FEHB?
A9. Unless your position is executed by regulation or law of some kind, you are eligible for FEHB. However, there are very special provisions if you have a part-time job or some kind of intermittent employment or if you enjoy a specially named position. To view those provisions, click on the following link: https://www.nfc.usda.gov/ClientServices/Back_Office/benefits/health.php
Q10. What does OPM mean?
A10. OPM is short for the United States Office of Personnel Management. It is an independent agency under the United States Federal Government that manages the civilian workforce of the government.
Q11. What is OPM number?
A11. OPM number or CPM number is a number that is given to the Federal employees when they retire. It is a number which is given when they are given an annuity.
Q12. Can I attach a copy of my W-2 to my tax return?
A12. You should attach a copy of your W-2 to your tax return. However, you don’t obstruct your name or address in the process.
Q13. What do you do if you lose your W-2?
A13. Follow the steps given below if you end up losing W-2:
- Contact your employer: Your employer should have a copy of your form, if not then move on to the next step.
- Contact IRS: If your employer wasn’t of much help then your next step should be to call IRS at 800-829-1040. Make sure you have the following details on you when you make that call:
- Name, address, phone number, social security number
- Your employer’s name, address and phone number
- The date when you started your job
- An estimate of the wages you have been paid till date and the income tax. You can use your final pay stub to figure out these amounts.
- Use the substitute: If both the above steps failed for you, then this is the last option for you, so make sure you file the returns on time.
Form 4852 is the substitute of Form W-2, so do file the tax return on time using the substitute.